Thursday, September 10, 2015

Secrets from the Syndicate Files #1


Over 300 boxes were donated in the mid-1990s to the New York Public Library from Simon & Schuster--containing the business papers/books/artwork from the Stratemeyer Syndicate which they purchased in 1984 - and it's a great resource for researchers like myself who are working on projects, like my Millie Benson Biography! I will be sharing interesting historical items from the Syndicate Files as I work my way through my research for the book.

After taking a break from writing the Nancy Drew books after book 7 - The Clue in the Diary - Millie was again asked to write book 11, The Clue of the Broken Locket, and she replied to the Syndicate on 3-26-1934 noting, "I have always been rather partial to "Nancy" and it will seem quite like old times to be writing about her again."

No comments: