Friday, October 07, 2011

Nancy Drew 2011 Halloween Party Planning #2

Pumpkins on the Farm

No Halloween party would be complete without pumpkins! Today I spent the afternoon at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek, AZ on a mission to snuff out some extra spooky pumpkins for the Nancy Drew party.

I met up with a cute peacock, a miniature donkey almost ate my necklace, got lost in a corn maze, and caught a cute K-9 dog frisbee show.

We had a great time, came home with 2 nice large pumpkins and one small cute one that was most sincere! And like Nancy's foodie friend Bess, I couldn't resist some homemade jars of pumpkin butter, cherry amaretto preserves, cherry blueberry preserves, and peach preserves!

Here's one of my beauties--I liked the stem too. Check out your local farms and corn mazes, they can be so much fun and spooky this time of year!

Jenn:)

4 comments:

Lena said...

I love Pumpkins!! It will be hard to do a Nancy drew carving though.

Rachelle21 said...

Certainly does not look like a pumpkin shortage in Arizona!

MK said...

You are so right, we are at Saunders Farm near Ottawa, Canada. Gorgeous weather, pumpkins, a scary hayride, 7 mazes, roast corn... Very Hallowe'en and very Fall. As this was a farm I'm reminded of Nancy's marketing in Red Gate Farm when she promotes the farm for daytrippers as a fun attraction and saves it! Good clean fun in fresh air.

MK

Nancy Lauzon said...

I visited my local pumpkin patch and scored a white pumpkin. Looks very pretty next to the orange one on my front step.

Nancy
http://chickdickmysteries.com