Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nancy Drew Pumpkin Decorating Contest

Nancy Drew Pumpkins!

Think you've got what it takes to create a spook-tacular (or should I say SLEUTH-tacular) Nancy Drew pumpkin!? Is anyone entering the contest--I've not received photos yet so I'm crossing my fingers someone takes the plunge ;) !?

Enter our pumpkin decorating contest! Whether you carve it, paint it, decoupage it, or any other interesting crafty scheme you can come up with, we'd love to see it. We'll be showcasing entries in the pumpkin decorating contest here at the Blog all month long. Then we'll have a vote to determine the winners! There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.

Once you create your Nancy Drew theme pumpkin, take a photo and e-mail it to me at: nancydrewsleuth@aol.com. Deadline to enter: Oct. 23. Voting will begin on Oct. 24 and run through Oct. 30. I'll announce the winners on Halloween!

Prizes:

1st Place: Leather Nancy Drew Watch & Nancy Drew Halloween Party Goody Bag

2nd Place: Leather Nancy Drew Coin Purse
3rd Place: Nancy Drew Paper Dolls

Jenn:)

3 comments:

Nancy Lauzon said...

I'm hoping I'll be able to come with something. I haven't carved a pumpkin in a while, so it might look odd, but I hope to give it my best!

Nancy
http://chickdickmysteries.com

Wendy said...

Ok i want to do this, but I'm not sure how I can. Would outlining a paper printout and then carving work? I've never carved a pumpkin before.

Jenn Fisher said...

@Nancy - yay glad you're on board:)

@Wendy - when I carved one or painted the one I did a couple years ago, I just printed out the silhouette and cut it out and then taped it onto the pumpkin and traced the outline and then painted it after removing the stencil. It worked pretty well that way. When carving, I carved out the silhouette but in the places where there's supposed to be something like the inside of the magnifying glass or inside her arm, I think I used a straight pin to add something there so when it was lit up at night, it would look more like the silhouette.