Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Nancy Drew Action Figures Sneak Peek - Card Back Figures

Nancy Drew Action Figures Preview #1

I received my Nancy Drew Action Figures from Wandering Planet Toys - my goodies as part of my consulting on the Nancy Drew Action Figures. I did an unboxing at my Instagram - Nancy Drew Expert if you want to see the videos of me unboxing all the figures and sets.

In this blog, I wanted to focus on the cardback figures - those that are carded. In my next blog I'll highlight the book box figures.

The four figures that are on cards are Nancy Drew from The Secret of the Old Clock, The Hidden Staircase, The Secret in the Old Attic, and The Clue of the Dancing Puppet. Each has a fun accessory or two based on the books. Old Clock Nancy has her screwdriver and the old clock from the cover. Hidden Staircase Nancy has a flashlight she uses while on the staircase. Old Attic Nancy has the candle she sports on the cover. Dancing Puppet Nancy has a flashlight and also comes with the ballerina dancing puppet from the cover. The packaging is awesome featuring on the front the book cover in the flashlight style, which is currently in print by Penguin Random House. The back of the cards is also very cool as it has some neat history behind Nancy Drew and a blurb about the figure and the mystery it is based on plus images of the various figures. You can click on the images below to view them in a larger format.

I had the opportunity as consultant on this project to write the copy that is used on the backs of these cardbacks and the book box sets. The package design - and it's fabulous and very thoughtful packaging is by Jenny Carbajal and the fantastic sculpting is by Ed Delos Reyes. 

If you didn't support the original Kickstarter campaign for these figures last year, and missed out - leftover stock after fulfilling backers will be sold at an online store that Doc and Gavin of Wandering Planet Toys will set up. 

No comments: