Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rudy Nappi Paintings - Nancy Drew Hidden Staircase and Witch Tree Symbol

Literarture is going to be having my Witch Tree painting scanned for a poster, so I had to remove it from the painting I received from the art gallery I purchased it from. It was interesting to compare the painting with Hidden Staircase (both shown above). Hidden Staircase at some point was pasted onto a thick board, while Witch Tree was still on the same thin paper it was painted on. I noticed some sketch lines visible on the painting which I also noticed on the book cover in places. Some very minute sketch details.

Click on the above image for a larger image of these paintings.

Jenn:)

3 comments:

Nancy Lauzon said...

Jenn,

These are beautiful, thanks for sharing them!

Nancy
http://nancylauzon.blogspot.com
The Chick Dick Blog

Amanda said...

THis one has to be one of my faves!!!

Amanda said...

THis has to be one of my faves!!