Monday, April 16, 2007

Too Cute!!!!




Check out the cover of the DVD package for the 4 1930s Warner Brothers Nancy Drew movies! So cute! If you haven't seen the 1930's movies, they're a hoot. Some say they just aren't Nancy Drew, and they are certainly a comic version of the book sleuth, but they are amusing in their own way! A fun part of Nancy Drew's rich history. The DVD set comes out in June. You can pre-order at various websites including Amazon.com.
Learn more about the 1930's movies here:
Jenn:)

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hi, I'm a Nancy Drew fan from the 50's. She was actually the girl who led me to be a booklover! So, I'm right there with you on loving all things ND. I have an old book that I read in 1959...no colored cover, however. But, it's a treasure to me. "The Mystery of the Cave." I think. :)) They were just never able to really capture my "Nancy Drew" on film, though. She really was so special in the books.
Deb in FL
http://lavenroseramblings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I got these movies for Easter and,although they're not exactly My...version.?..of ND,they're still GREAT movies.
Frankie Thomas does a hilarious version of Ned (or "Ted") Nickerson and is also one of the best parts of the movies.
Bonita Granville does a funny (yet sometimes disobediant and reliant on men) Nancy Drew.
Anyway,I think that these are great movies and even if you don't agree with the way ND is represented,I still HIGHLY recomend them.