Saturday, August 13, 2011

2011 Book Hunting for Nancy Drew #1

A recent trip to Half Price Books yielded some old Nancy Drew blues on the shelf in the "collectibles" section. Rarely do I find Nancy Drew books this vintage at this particular store, so I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, dust jackets would have been even better but I did snap up the blue Hidden Staircase since it has the orange endpapers. This particular format of boards typically came with the blue silhouette endpapers. Very scattered volumes had the orange or Dana Girls endpapers. So these are neat to find with the orange endpapers.

The price was $8.00. Farah's Guide has a $6.00 value for this mid-40s book. You can typically snap these up on eBay for around $5.00 to $10.00, so I think I did pretty good overall :)

Jenn:)

No comments: